Back Labour Roller for use in active labour.
INGREDIENTS: 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils of Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) + Anthems Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) with dried Chamomile diluted to 2% in Caprylic Triglyceride (Coconut) and Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil).
DIRECTIONS: Firmly massage onto lower abdomen and back for labour natural pain relief. Start application from early stages of labour by applying to lower abdomen and back as well as acupressure points around ankles & hands. Apply firm counter pressure to sacrum during each contraction. Re application every 30min or when desired. Warning: For external use only. Store in a cool place out of direct sunlight to keep oils from degrading. Not safe for pregnancy until term labour.Properties of Oils Selected:
- Roman Chamomile (Authemis Nobilis) is an antispasmodic essential oil so it provides a wonderful support for muscular and abdominal pain and cramping in labour. Studies have shown Clary Sage and Roman Chamomile are effective in alleviating pain and the need for use of opiods decreased significantly. It is anti-inflammatory and is also calming which supportive for periods of rest. Use with caution if you experience asthma or hayfever due ti its relationship to ragweed.
- Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea) is an extremely relaxing, euphoric, antispasmodic and analgesic oil making it ideal for labour. Studies have shown it enhances uterine contractions while relieving uterine pain. Aromatheraphy and massage have been acknowleged as effective for labour pain, anxiety and overall childbirth satisfaction for labouring woman. Caution must be given with low blood pressure. Avoid use with Pitocin (oxytocin injection for inducing labour) as this can cause uterine hyperstimulation.
Aromatheraphy safety guidelines:
- Avoid essential oils in first trimester (lemon inhalation only after 10 weeks)
- Use lavender and Roman Chamomile with caution with asthma and seasonal allergies.
- Avoid use of Clary sage or Lavender (sedative hypotensive oils) with epidural until blood pressure normalizes post-epidural.
- Avoid Rose with increased bleeding and hemorrhage.
- Avoid aromatheraphy with epilespy, high-risk pregnancies, liver or renal disease, preeclampsia, eclampsia, placenta previa and reduced fetal movements.
- Exercise extra caution with breech, diabetes, asthma, allergies, hypertension, hypotension, bleeding disorders, history of miscarriage, hemorrage and allergies to plants or aromatics.